The Family Business Atlantic member is looking to connect with, learn from and share with like-minded people who understand the experiences unique to running a family business. We welcome family businesses and entrepreneurs of any industry type and size.
For just $500 annually, you and all members of the family will have access to peer-to-peer groups, networking events and educational resources at no cost (excludes signature events at discounted rates).
A “Family Business” is defined as a business that has ANY of the following characteristics:
- has been owned and operated by different generations of a family
- where the potential exists for ownership to be passed on to another family member
- more than one member of a family has active employment in an organization owned by a family
- a family which has in the past or is presently operating a business
- wants their family and business to succeed
- recognizes the unique complexity of a family business
- sees value and participates in Family Business Atlantic’s offerings
Peer Group Member
Family Business Atlantic’s core offering is our peer-to-peer groups. These groups of 8-12 family members come together for regular meetings to discuss business challenges and make meaningful connections to support their personal and business objectives, all in a confidential forum.
Groups can extend an invite to any of our Advisor members to come and speak about any particular topic and are also supported by an annual subsidy of $1,000 to offset team building and/or any retreat costs.
The Family Business Atlantic Advisor member adds value by sharing advice and guidance for families in business. Our supportive network of trusted advisors range from a variety of industries.
Advisor members are expected to be involved in the association with the following qualifications:
- are sympathetic to and agree with the purposes of the association
- have a professional interest in the unique understanding of the association in the issues concerning family business
- are prepared to facilitate idea exchange, help educate and otherwise advance the knowledge of family business affairs for the benefit of the membership at large
- will not solicit business from family members, but develop organic relationships that support their growth
Our membership fold consists of 2/3 family businesses and 1/3 advisors. As a result of this ratio limit, membership applications are reviewed by our membership committee and approved according to industry availability. Membership applications for advisor members may not be approved if numbers exceed 33% of total members.