The Family Business Atlantic member is looking to connect with, learn from and share with like-minded people who understand the experiences unique to running a family business. We welcome family businesses and entrepreneurs of any industry type and size.
For just $500 annually, you and all members of the family will have access to peer-to-peer groups, networking events and educational resources at no cost (excludes signature events at discounted rates).
A “Family Business” is defined as a business that has ANY of the following characteristics:
- has been owned and operated by different generations of a family
- where the potential exists for ownership to be passed on to another family member
- more than one member of a family has active employment in an organization owned by a family
- a family which has in the past or is presently operating a business
- wants their family and business to succeed
- recognizes the unique complexity of a family business
- sees value and participates in Family Business Atlantic's offerings
Peer Group Member
Family Business Atlantic's core offering is our peer-to-peer groups. These groups of 8-12 family members come together for regular meetings to discuss business challenges and make meaningful connections to support their personal and business objectives, all in a confidential forum.
Groups can extend an invite to any of our Advisor members to come and speak about any particular topic and are also supported by an annual subsidy of $1,000 to offset team building and/or any retreat costs.
The Family Business Atlantic Advisor member adds value by sharing advice and guidance for families in business. Our supportive network of trusted advisors range from a variety of industries.
Advisor members are expected to be involved in the association with the following qualifications:
- are sympathetic to and agree with the purposes of the association
- have a professional interest in the unique understanding of the association in the issues concerning family business
- are prepared to facilitate idea exchange, help educate and otherwise advance the knowledge of family business affairs for the benefit of the membership at large
- will not solicit business from family members, but develop organic relationships that support their growth
Online Membership Renewal
Family Business Atlantic now accepts online payments for membership dues.